From luxurious townhomes to estates of uncompromising luxury, Del Mar is home to a broad array of residential styles.
Welcome to Del Mar
Del Mar - Quintessential Beachside Living
Del Mar Real Estate Insights
People & Lifestyle
- Beaches: In addition to its own beaches and coves, including the popular Powerhouse Park & Beach, Del Mar is moments from the shores of Solana Beach, Encinitas and La Jolla.
- San Elijo Lagoon: These wetlands are some of the few that remain in Southern California. San Elijo Lagoon has a Nature Center with information about the plants and animals found throughout the area.
- Lake Hodges: This lake serves as a reservoir, and the surrounding area has more than 1,200 acres of open land. There are barbecues and picnic tables available for the public.
- San Dieguito County Park: A 125-acre park with picnic pavilions, barbecue grills, playgrounds, a basketball court, a rentable gazebo, hiking trails, exercise stations, and Miracle Field, which is a baseball field designed to be accessible for players with disabilities.
- Torrey Pines State Nature Reserve: One of the wildest stretches of land on the Southern California coast, its 2,000 acres are preserved as they were before San Diego was developed.
- Elfin Forest Recreational Reserve: This reserve was set aside to protect Southern California's scenic resources. There are opportunities for hiking, biking and horseback riding against a backdrop of sweeping ocean views.
- Fairmont Grand Del Mar: Unrivaled luxury, fine dining and elegant style are the hallmarks of this five-diamond/five-star resort, named California’s #1 luxury hotel by TripAdvisor.
- L’Auberge Del Mar: This luxurious beach resort sets a new standard in coastal hospitality. Reminiscent of a private, coastal estate, it encapsulates style and prestige.
- The Inn at Rancho Santa Fe: The centerpiece of The Village, the Inn features cozy bungalows, pristine landscaped grounds and an award-winning restaurant.
- The Lodge at Torrey Pines: Overlooking the world-renowned Torrey Pines Golf Course with views of the Pacific Ocean, The Lodge presents a AAA Five Diamond setting.
- Rancho Valencia: This lavish resort is positioned on 45 acres. Its upscale amenities are paired with a variety of activities on the grounds.